Dark & Scary Night
Oct 29, 6-7 p.m.
Refreshments, dark and scary poems and stories, good family fun!
Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry, 416 E. Main, Locust Grove OK
2022 Dark & Scary Poem Contest Winners
We received 187 entries for the 2022 contest, and we had a very tough time choosing the winners out of so many wonderful dark and scary poems. Anyone who entered is encouraged to come to Dark & Scary on Oct. 29 to read their poem!
- Gordon Bryan, Glenpool OK, “An Unpleasant Surprise”
- Claire Moffitt, Tulsa OK, “Mermaid”
- Rebecca Sterling, Denver CO, “Halloween”
1. Chang Wang, Grove OK, “House of Transcendent Spirits
2. Paisley Yarborough, Grove OK, “He Lurks in the Fall
3. TIE: Jasmine Lewis, Grove OK, “That House”
Kennedy Matthews, Grove OK, “The Man and the Monster”
- Helen Patterson, Broken Arrow OK, “Teeth for Grammie”
2. Carole Williams Roseland, Livonia MI, “Never Argue with a Man”
3. TIE: Leigh Hibbard, Oklahoma City OK, “Happy Haunting”
Carrie McKenzie, Oklahoma City OK, “Void”
2022 WINNERS: Read the winning poems in this pdf.
2021 Dark & Scary Poem Contest Winners
1st, Ivy Scott, Locust Grove OK
2nd, Teresa Manimala, Stillwater OK
3rd, Cora Eatherly, Tishomingo OK
6th -12th Grade
1st, Kate Thomas, Grove OK
2nd, Kendal Jackson, Grove OK
3rd, Wesley Laney, Grove OK
1st, Brittany Johnson, Rose OK
2nd, Helen Patterson, Broken Arrow OK
3rd (tie), David Gaberman, Farmington Hills MI
LaVern Spencer McCarthy, Blair OK