ROMP Rummage Store
The ROMP Rummage Store in downtown Locust Grove funds the work and upkeep of the museum, while also providing a service to area residents with useful household items, appliances, clothing, and furniture for sale at reasonable prices.
The store stocks a variety of donated items and will continue to ask for and accept donations to help keep it stocked and running. Donated items are tax deductible, as ROMP is a 501(c)(3) charity, and donation letters will be given out.
ROMP Rummage Store is be fed by and feeds the local community with useful used items that people might not be able to afford new.
105 E. Main St., Locust Grove OK
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The museum is expanding its reach and hoping to bring more people from across the region and everywhere to Locust Grove this year and in the coming years, and we need the community’s help. Along with the Locust Grove Arts Alliance, and the Locust Grove OK Area Chamber of Commerce, we also are interested in reviving downtown and trying to fill empty shop spaces and help Locust Grove thrive.
The rummage store has a ROMP annex which features a haunted bathroom poetry exhbit. Yes, exactly. Just go see it.
Please call ROMP director Shaun Perkins or email her if you have items to donate. She can arrange a time to pick them up or you can deliver them. 918-864-9152 or ROMPoetry@gmail.com.
For central Oklahoma residents, please contact ROMP Donation Coordinator Jordan Godlewski (Lawton) for donation pickup: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Cash donations to support the store and museum can be sent to
6603 S 438 Rd.
Locust Grove OK 74352
Please include your mailing address, and a donation receipt will be mailed to you.
Here are some of the projects and work that the ROMP Rummage Store has funded since opening in Feb. 2016:
- Purchase, moving fee, and electrical hookup of the new ROMP building at 6603 S 438 Rd.
- Maintenance, exhibit items, utilities, and marketing of museum exhibits and programs
- Oklahoma Poem Contest (cash prizes awarded) each year
- EVERYWord Poetry Program: One month of poetry work with students at Locust Grove Middle School
- ROMPfest: 3rd Annual Poetry Festival & Wonder City Wordfest, 4th annual festival
- Donation of a Yard of the Month sign to the LG OK Area Chamber of Commerce for its program
- Travel & Poetry Programs in Fayetteville, Tulsa, Ada, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Sand Springs, Talihina, and Stillwater.
- Comic Book Hero Poem Contest (cash prizes awarded) each year
- Territory Tellers Winter Retreat: Sponsored a lunch for storytellers and poets
- Community movie night