ROMP Rummage Store
The ROMP Rummage Store in downtown Locust Grove funds the work and upkeep of the museum, while also providing a service to area residents with useful household items, appliances, clothing, and furniture for sale at reasonable prices. The store has a Doll uniVERSE with recycled dolls wearing handmade clothes and coming complete with a personalized poem by ROMP director Shaun Perkins about the doll or doll owner. The store also has a museum annex room, with a special exhibit called Mona’s Closet.
The store stocks a variety of donated items and will continue to ask for and accept donations to help keep it stocked and running. Donated items are tax deductible, as ROMP is a 501(c)(3) charity, and donation letters will be given out.
ROMP Rummage Store is be fed by and feeds the local community with useful used items that people might not be able to afford new.
112 E. Main St., Locust Grove OK
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Please bring donations to the store during operating hours. We are always in need of kitchen, bedding, and home goods. All donations are tax-deductible.
Cash donations to support the store and museum can be sent to
PO Box 1243
Locust Grove OK 74352
Please include your mailing address, and a donation receipt will be mailed to you.
Here are some of the projects and work that the ROMP Rummage Store has funded since opening in Feb. 2016:
- Sponsorship of Smithsonian Water/Ways exhibit in town at the VFW
- Wonder City Wonders Chautauqua
- Big Read project that brought National Poet Laureate Joy Harjo to town for two days
- Purchase, moving fee, and electrical hookup of the new ROMP building at 6603 S 438 Rd.
- Maintenance, exhibit items, utilities, and marketing of museum exhibits and programs
- Oklahoma Poem Contest (cash prizes awarded) each year
- EVERYWord Poetry Program: One month of poetry work with students at Locust Grove Middle School
- ROMPfest: 3rd Annual Poetry Festival & Wonder City Wordfest, 4th annual festival
- Donation of a Yard of the Month sign to the LG OK Area Chamber of Commerce for its program
- Travel & Poetry Programs in Fayetteville, Tulsa, Ada, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Sand Springs, Talihina, and Stillwater.
- Comic Book Hero Poem Contest (cash prizes awarded) each year
- Territory Tellers Winter Retreat: Sponsored a lunch for storytellers and poets
- Community movie night
- Painting, poetry and other creative events held sporadically