ROMP Rummage Store
The ROMP Rummage Store in downtown Locust Grove funds the work and upkeep of the museum, while also providing a service to area residents with useful household items, appliances, clothing, and furniture for sale at reasonable prices.
The store stocks a variety of donated items and will continue to ask for and accept donations to help keep it stocked and running. Donated items are tax deductible, as ROMP is a 501(c)(3) charity, and donation letters will be given out.
ROMP Rummage Store is be fed by and feeds the local community with useful used items that people might not be able to afford new.
The ROMP Rummage Store is located at 110 E. Main, a corner shop in the In-N-Out shopping L at the downtown stop light.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Thursday, Noon to 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, Noon-6:00 p.m.
The museum is expanding its reach and hoping to bring more people from across the region and everywhere to Locust Grove this year and in the coming years, and we need the community’s help. Along with the Locust Grove Arts Alliance, and the Locust Grove OK Area Chamber of Commerce, we also are interested in reviving downtown and trying to fill empty shop spaces and help Locust Grove thrive.
The rummage store has a back room that serves as a ROMP annex. This room houses past exhibits from the museum. Currently, the ROMP Annex features an exhibit on autograph book poetry.
If you have any of the following items to donate (we cannot purchase or trade them), we would greatly appreciate it.
- Store fixtures (shelving, tables, bookshelves, clothes racks)
- Portable heaters (there is no heat in the building) & fans
- Clothing in good condition
- Appliances large and small in good, working condition
- Furniture in good (or ready to refurbish) condition or with good bones
- Household items, such as bedding, dishes, silverware, cookware, lamps, tools, etc.
- Books, paper, notebooks, notepads, pens, pencils, etc.
Please call ROMP director Shaun Perkins or email her if you have items to donate. She can arrange a time to pick them up or you can deliver them. 918-864-9152 or ROMPoetry@gmail.com.
For central Oklahoma residents, please contact ROMP Donation Coordinator Jordan Godlewski (Lawton) for donation pickup: email@example.com .
Cash donations to support the store and museum can be sent to
6603 S 438 Rd.
Locust Grove OK 74352
Please include your mailing address, and a donation receipt will be mailed to you.
Here are some of the projects and work that the ROMP Rummage Store has funded in its first year of business:
- Purchase, moving fee, and electrical hookup of the new ROMP building at 6603 S 438 Rd.
- Maintenance, exhibit items, utilities, and marketing of museum exhibits and programs
- Oklahoma Poem Contest (cash prizes awarded)
- EVERYWord Poetry Program: One month of poetry work with students at Locust Grove Middle School
- ROMPfest: 3rd Annual Poetry Festival & Wonder City Wordfest, 4th annual festival
- Donation of a Yard of the Month sign to the LG OK Area Chamber of Commerce for its program
- Travel & Poetry Programs in Fayetteville, Tulsa, Ada, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Sand Springs, Talihina, and Stillwater.
- Comic Book Hero Poem Contest (cash prizes awarded)
- Territory Tellers Winter Retreat: Sponsored a lunch for storytellers and poets
- Community movie night