Contest Guidelines: CASH PRIZES totaling $900
In 2022, the Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry turns 10-years old. The gift for a 10-year anniversary is tin. So to celebrate, ROMP is holding a poetry contest on the theme of ten or tin. Write a poem that in some way is about either word or both.
- Anyone, except for ROMP board members and family members, can enter.
- Poems will be judged in 4 categories: K-5th grade, 6th-12th grade, Adult, and Professional*
- Cash awards will be given in each category.
- The maximum length for poems is 30 lines.
- Poems can be rhymed or unrhymed.
- One poem per person.
- Previous winning poems cannot be submitted again.
- A signed Entry Form or online form must be filled out and turned in with the poem.
*Professional = A poet who has had a book published
Contest Evaluation Criteria:
Poems will be judged based on these criteria: imagery, creativity, language, and theme
To Submit (choose one method): DEADLINE: Feb. 25, 2022
Submit your poem through the online form below.
Submit your poem through through the mail with THIS FORM.
Submit your poem at ROMP Rummage or ROMP in Locust Grove. A completed entry form must be submitted with it.
Due to limited resources, ROMP is not able to acknowledge each entry. Please keep a copy of your poem. Winners will be announced in early March by email and on this page.
ONLINE ENTRY FORM: