The next Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry exhibit will be a celebration of the 19th amendment securing a woman’s right to vote, which was ratified in 1920. This exhibit, called Justice, Not Roses, will open in the spring of 2020. In honor of the exhibit, a poetry contest on the theme of women’s rights and the 19th amendment is being held.
- Anyone anywhere can enter this contest.
- Only one entry per person.
- Poems will be judged in 5 categories: K-4th, 5th-8th, 9th-12th, Adult, and Professional (have published poetry).*
- Cash awards & medals will be given in each category. Winners will be asked to read their poems at the Opening of the exhibit, date not yet determined. You need not be present to win.
- Poems must be 10-24 lines long, no shorter and no longer.
- Poems can be rhymed or unrhymed.
- Poems must somehow address the theme of suffrage, women’s rights, or activities/ideas associated with female empowerment
- A signed Entry Form (or checkmarked online form) must be filled out and turned in with the poem.
HOW TO ENTER:
DEADLINE: Feb. 22, 2020
- Email or mail your poem by Feb. 22, 2020.
- Fill out all information on the entry form.
EMAIL: Use the form below or send both the signed entry form and the poem to ROMPoetry@gmail.com
MAIL: Send the signed entry form and your poem to Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry 6603 S 438 Rd. Locust Grove OK 74352
HAND DELIVER: Bring the signed entry form and your poem to Wonder City Coffee, 118 E. Main or ROMP Rummage, 112 E. Main, Locust Grove OK