ROMP is partnering with the Locust Grove Arts Allliance, which is having a contest with both word art and visual art.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the LGAA will have a contest and show to explore the many interpretations of love with the theme of “Love is…”
Love = Life’s Garnish, Love is a Battlefield, Love is a Garden, etc.
Artists may enter in either or both categories:
Word Art—prose or poetry
Visual Art— paintings, sketches, photographs, mixed media, sculpture, etc.
The entries will be displayed in the LGAA art gallery from Feb. 14, 2018 to March 14, 2018.
Deadline for entering: Feb. 7, 2018.
1. Visual art to be hung must be no larger than 11 x 17 inches and have a hanger attached. Sculpture and other visual art should not exceed 3’ x 3’. Word art prose pieces should not exceed 500 words. Poetry should not exceed 30 lines.
2. All art must somehow address the theme of Love Is.
3. Your entry must be brought to the office or Wonder City Coffee by Feb. 7.
4. The entry fee is $5 per piece.
5. Your name should not appear anywhere on the art.
Artists’ works will be judged anonymously by artists and poets not entering the contest. The 1stplace in each category will win $50, and second place will win $25. A People’s Choice award of $25 will be voted on by the public on opening day of the show—Feb. 14.
Judging criteria include: creative interpretation of theme, originality, presence, impact, clarity of theme, skill, technique.
Download the above entry form or pick one up at the LGAA office or Wonder City Coffee, downtown Locust Grove.
For more information, contact show coordinator Roxann Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-530-5321.