Are you ready for ROMP’s second online poetry-writing challenge? In the summer of 2019, we offered an online writing challenge to encourage people to write and submit one poem per week for 8 weeks, and because of the success of that challenge, we are doing it again.
January 4- February 27, 2020
- Anyone anywhere of any age or experience level can participate online.
- Poems can be on any theme, any style, any length.
- Participants will get personal feedback about their poems each week by email from ROMP director Shaun Perkins.
- No one but Shaun will read the poems; however, there will be a Poem of the Week each week that will be shared with the whole class via an online google group. The Poem of the Week winner will be asked in advance if it is okay to share the poem.
- Each participant can choose to have one poem published in the class anthology.
- Each person who completes the challenge will be eligible for cash and other prizes.
DEADLINE to Sign Up to Participate: January 1, 2020
The purpose of this challenge is not to share your work with a group of people such as in a workshop setting. The purpose is to challenge you to write. You will get brief but helpful feedback from Shaun, but you can also choose to get no feedback or positive only feedback.
If you want a little motivation to write some poetry, this challenge is for you!
NOTE: Use the form below to sign up. You must fill out all categories and include a complete mailing address, as at the end of the class, every participant will receive a prize in the postal mail. Your mailing address will not be shared with anyone. Also, your email address will be added to a Google group so I can contact the entire group once a week. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
When the challenge starts, an online submission form linked to this page will be available for participants to submit their poems. All poems must be submitted through this page, not through regular email.
LIKE Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry on Facebook to stay up-to-date on more details, including ROMP events and contest.