ROMP’s second online poetry-writing challenge has begun. The deadline for sign-up has passed, and it’s time to start writing. In the summer of 2019, we offered an online writing challenge to encourage people to write and submit one poem per week for 8 weeks, and because of the success of that challenge, we are doing it again.
January 4- February 27, 2020
- Anyone anywhere of any age or experience level can participate online.
- Poems can be on any theme, any style, any length.
- Participants will get personal feedback about their poems each week by email from ROMP director Shaun Perkins.
- No one but Shaun will read the poems; however, there will be a Poem of the Week each week that will be shared with the whole class via an online google group. The Poem of the Week winner will be asked in advance if it is okay to share the poem.
- Each participant can choose to have one poem published in the class anthology.
- Each person who completes the challenge will be eligible for cash and other prizes.
The purpose of this challenge is not to share your work with a group of people such as in a workshop setting. The purpose is to challenge you to write. You will get brief but helpful feedback from Shaun, but you can also choose to get no feedback or positive only feedback.
LIKE Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry on Facebook to stay up-to-date on more details, including ROMP events and contest.