Reasons to Visit
There are many reasons you should visit the Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry. I will start by listing 10.
- You can make poetry from word blocks. Remember, if you call it a poem, it is a poem.
- You can play the symbol game, which includes a bottle of gin. (Sorry, it’s empty.)
- You can hide in the secret corner and read other people’s secret scribblings.
- You can climb into the Teasdale Treehouse and pretend you are a child again.
- You can make a bracelet out of poetry.
- You can play poker poetry with your friends . . . or strangers.
- You can enjoy the rural scenery outside the museum.
- You can write sidewalk poetry with colored chalk.
- You can go bowling with poetry on the porch.
- You can discover or rediscover a love of words, images, experiences.
Now, all that said, there is one other really good reason to come to the museum, especially if you are looking for a day trip out in country. You can visit all the things that Locust Grove has to offer. Sure, it’s a small town and the main drag may not look that exciting, but there is plenty to see and do.
Check out this blog post I made on my sister’s website for more details.