Want to rummage for stuff, make some art and help out a great cause? In conjunction with its new Wildflowers in Poetry exhibit, the Rural Oklahoma Museum of Poetry will hold a rummage store art challenge and fundraiser in July 2021.
Participants will pay an entry fee, draw a wildflower card, collect less than $10 worth of goods at ROMP Rummage Store, and create a piece of art inspired in some way by the wildflower on the card.
The participants will have one day to research the flower and make their work of art. All artwork will be judged, awarded prizes, and then put in a silent auction at the museum.
To sign up to play, fill out the form below and pay the entry fee with a credit card or PayPal. You can also sign up here and then mail a check to PO Box 1243, Locust Grove OK 74352.
Sign up must be made by July 9. Cards will be drawn at the rummage store on July 10, and all artwork must be submitted to the museum by July 12, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The awards ceremony and auction will be held during the Opening Celebration Event July 17, 2021.
It will be a great day of ROMPing and rummaging fun!
ART CHALLENGE SIGN-UP FORM:” Due July 9
Please pay the $25 entry fee by clicking the button below or by sending a check to ROMP Art Challenge at PO Box 1243, Locust Grove OK 74352.*
1. All participants must pay a $25 entry fee.*
2. Participants will draw a card at ROMP Rummage Store, anytime, between 10: a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on July 9.
3. Participants will be allowed to take free of charge up to $10 worth of items from the rummage store for their artwork.
4. Glue, tape and other fastening products may be used on the artwork. Painting and other art techniques are also allowed.
5. Actual objects from the ROMP Rummage Store item collection must make up 75% of the completed artwork. A photo will be taken of the items you collect.
6. Artworks and the wildflower card accompanying them must be dropped off at the museum at 416 E. Main, by 5:00 p.m. on July 12.
7. Winners in all three categories will receive gift certificates to various businesses.
8. Anyone of any age can enter the Challenge.
9. Participants agree to put their work into a silent auction for the museum.
Judging criteria: Effective interpretation of the wildflower, creative transformation of objects, original design, artistic skill, and visual impact.
*NOTE: If you are unable to pay the entry fee and want to participate, that is no problem. Please email ROMPoetry@gmail.com for details.